Building community through the arts, history and cultural heritage of Blacksburg!
GRAND OPENING- August 6
Regular hours : Tuesday – Saturday 10am – 4pm
Calendar of Events:
- Aug. 1 & 2 – Step into the Alexander Black House & Cultural Center during Steppin Out! We will be open normal business hours.
- Aug. 6 – Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening: Ribbon Cutting 10am. Open House with self guided tours, children’s activities, music, refreshments, information tent and more until 4pm.
- Aug. 8 – Artists’ Reception celebrating the artists exhibiting in our “16 Squares of Art”
- Aug. 9 – Papermaking workshop with artist, Gibby Waitzkin http://sarvisberry.com/ – registration begins July 22.
- August 14 – Antique Appraisals, 6:30pm-8:30pm – (free appraisals for first 50 participants; must register in advance) – registration begins July 29.
- Aug. 21 – Historic Lecture Series – 6pm-8pm, Price House and Gardens (to be held at the Price House: 107 Wharton St. SE); speakers and refreshments;free to public.
- Aug. 23 – Alexander Black Tie GALA (to be held at the Inn at VT), 6:30pm-11:30pm - BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY!
- Sept. 6 – New Town Festivals – Blues, Brew & BBQ: held at St Luke & Odd Fellows Hall(204 Gilbert St).